So, here we are in the final moments of 2014. What a year it’s been for Broadsway! Before going any further, we very much want to thank all of you for your support, suggestions, assistance, laughter, applause, encouragement, and kindness over the past 12 months. It’s been said by many, but we truly mean it when we say, we really couldn’t have done it without you!
It’s been a heck of a year and there were definitely more than a few highlights for us, including:
– repeat performances at Toronto mainstays where our “home” crowd showed lots of love
– opening the JAZZ.FM91 Cabaret Series with a sold out performance at Hugh’s Room (a show that was broadcast on JAZZ.FM91, and featured Diane’s incredible “scatting” for the first time)
– our debut appearance at the TD Toronto Jazz Festival, where we got to “rock out” at the Hard Rock Cafe
– showin’ ’em ‘what we got’ in New York, in open mics at The Metropolitan Room and Birdland, which lead to…
– six full houses at the exquisite Jazz Bistro, including three during which we began creating the makings of a live album
– signing with a fantastic team of managers / agents who will be working with us to spread the good Broadsway word
– participating in the 25th Anniversary of the MCC Toronto’s Christmas Eve Service at Roy Thomson Hall
– meeting and making wonderful new connections from across Canada and the US with whom we hope to be working with very soon!
This year has also had its challenges, both professionally and personally. There have been major shifts in our respective and collective lives, and there have been losses, as well. They have caused us to have to rely on each other, the music, and all of you for spiritual/emotional uplift and support.
Then there were the thrilling off-stage moments that saw us finding new sources of love, support, and joy…and new furry, four-legged bundles, as well!
1. We continue to love each other and love working with each other. Broadsway is like a marriage: there are moments of love, moments of struggle, moments of laughter, moments of tears, moments of joy, moments of contentment. We love what we do and we love doing it together!
2. The music continues to thrill, motivate, and inspire us. There are always new doors opening, new shows to experience, new tunes to embrace, now arrangements to create, and new musical thrills to enjoy!
3. You are constantly wonderful in your support! Whether it’s showing up at multiple shows at the Jazz Bistro, consistently inviting new people into the Broadsway fold, or hopping on a plane to join us for our New York debut, you have been there for us time and time again. We LOVE the comments on Facebook, we LOVE the messages you Tweet to us, we LOVE that you continue to visit us at our website, watch our videos, listen to our music, and support our shows!
So, as we head into the New Year, we wish all of you nothing but the best of health, happiness, laughter, peace, and contentment for 2015. We also thank you for everything you’ve offered us in 2014, and hope that we will see you at more performances in the new year…and that you’ll continue to let your friends know about the fun and great music that comes with a Broadsway show.
Here’s hoping our paths will cross many times in much musical love and joy.
With love and appreciation,
For all things Broadsway, please visit our website @ thebroadswayshow.com